Thursday, October 7, 2010

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Yeah, I haven't blogged in over a month. I suck. I'm sorry, at least to the half dozen of you who are bored enough to read my little ramblings.

Quick update...trying to move, still depressed and now I am facing a question I haven't considered in twenty years: What do I want to be when I grow up?

I have spent twenty years as a sign language interpeter. It's all I know how to do. My Visual Services counselor believes that I have some magical set of hidden "soft skills" that can be manipulated into a new reason for living. I wish she'd fill me in. However, since I don't have faith in myself, I hold on to her faith in me, and I dutifully bring her the necessary paperwork so she can open up a case for me. Then there will be aptitude and interest assessments, and if there's one thing I have always been good at, it's taking tests. Too bad there isn't a job just for people who can do that. Then a vocational plan, and if the planets align just right, I might be able to get a second career...doing I don't know what exactly.

But first, I should probably get off my butt and give her the paper work. The next right step.

No comments:

Post a Comment